Dr. Lavasani has a comprehensive library of lecture topics related to 2D and 3D CBCT imaging. Her CE course formats range from two hours, half a day , full day CE or a mix of CE and workshops. Some the topics include:
- Step by step guide on radiographic interpretation of 2D and 3D CBCT images. A comprehensive toolbox to help you differentiate the developmental, odontogenic, non-odontogenic, fibo-ossoues pathology, soft tissue calcifications, benign and malignant neoplasms more confidently.
- Clinical applications of CBCT in the 21st century dental practice from impactions, trauma, jaw pathologies sleep apnea, Implant planning, Endodontics, Orthodontic evaluation of craniofacial complex, etc.
- Applications of CBCT for evaluation of normal anatomy and variations of normal.
- Applications of CBCT for dental implants ( Nerve mapping, anterior loop identification, maxillary sinus anatomy and pathologies, interactive treatment planning, etc.)
- Applications of CBCT in Endodontics ( Evaluation of complex root canal anatomy, evaluation of etiology of root canal failure such as missed canals, abnormal root morphology), localization of separate instruments and evaluation of other odontogenic and non-odontogenic periapical pathosis.
- Application of CBCT for evaluation of TMJ abnormalities ( A comprehensive review of strengths and limitations of different image modalities from panoramic, CBCT, medical CT and MRI in diagnosis of TMD patients.
- Maxillary sinus CBCT evaluation; what is normal, what is not, and when to refer? Legal consideration of CBCT imaging; what you must know if you have a CBCT.
- Teaching Millennials; challenges and opportunities. This is a fun and interactive lecture that she presented at the International Congress of Dento-maxillofacial Radiology and is based on her research in learning patterns of the new generation of learners and strategies to implement to capture and retain their interest by active engagement and group activities and use of multiple digital tools that are available.